A: Do you know what the main feature the Sydney Olympics is, John?
你了解悉尼奥运会还有一个什么特征吗?
B: Of course, I know.
我当然了解。
A: What?
什么特征?
B: Environmental protection.
环保啊!
A: Do you know when IOC put forward the issue of environmental protection?
你了解国际奥委会在哪年提出环保课题的吗?
B: Sorry, I have no idea about it.
抱歉,这我还真不了解。
A: Let me tell you. In 1991. At that time, Sydney put forward the slogan environmental protection, thus, it won the bid.
让我来对你说,那是1991年。当时,悉尼正是打出环保牌才取得申办权。
B: What a nice memory! Oh, I know that Beijing and Sydney bid for the Olympic Games together.
好记性!噢,我了解那时北京和悉尼一块参加申奥。
A: Yeah, Sydney had five strate-gies: save energy, save water, reduce trash, prevent pollution, and protect the environmnet. They tried to host a Green Olympics.
很好,悉尼有五大策略,即:节能、节水、降低垃圾、预防污染与保护环境。他们要办一届绿色奥运。
B: They have racked1 their brain.
他们可谓绞尽脑汁。
A: Yes. Even the torch and fuel are produced by using environmental protection techniques and materials.
是的。就连火炬和燃料都使用环保技术与材料制成。
B: Even so, there was still much pity left. The Green and Peace Organization called it at most a half green.
即便这样,还留下了不少遗憾。绿色和平组织,称其最多是半绿色。
A: That's been quite good. It's the beginning after all. I'm sure that it will be better and better.
已经很好了,毕竟是刚最初嘛。我相信将来会愈加好。